LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

If you take early retirement say at 64, does your benefit increase

Customer Question

If you take early retirement say at 64, does your benefit increase when you reach full retirement age of 66.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If you take an early retirement benefit at age 64, your benefit level will remain the same for the remainder of your life---unless you continue to work and pay more social security taxes, or when you get annual cost of living increases. There is no automatic increase at age 66 if you take an early social security retirement benefit. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug