dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I am 66 and receive TRS retirement (very modest ----also work

Customer Question

I am 66 and receive TRS retirement (very modest ----also work part time.) My husband is 67 and working full time with out applying for Social security. Would it be to our benefit for him to suspend his social security and me apply for social security under his?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
Good afternoon Nelda,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. How much are you receiving from your teacher's pension monthly?2. What is your full retirement age social security benefit estimated at?3. What is your husband's full retirement age (66) social security benefit amount?4. Are you already taking a social security benefit of any kind?Doug