lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I am 68 years old and work partime but now my health and husbands

Customer Question

I am 68 years old and work partime but now my health and husbands' health is now not so good . I want to know if I can collect unemployment .even though I am collecting social security. also because my health is now in questionably if SSID is available to me?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 9 months ago.
First of all - yes - you might be eligible for unemployment benefits regardless of your age and having social security benefits.However to be eligible - one of the requirements - you must be available for work. If you are not available to work because of health or any other reasons - unemployment benefits are not awarded.Regarding disability benefits - you may not apply after you reach your full retirement age (that is 66). So you are eligible for regular social security benefits but are not eligible for disability social security benefits.You might have a private disability insurance with premiums paid either by you or by your employer and may have disability pension based on that policy.Questions?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  lev-tax replied 9 months ago.
.I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.