lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

My father's name is ***** ***** name on my birth certificate.

Customer Question

My father's name is ***** ***** name on my birth certificate. Do I need it corrected to apply for my SS# *****?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 6 months ago.
You do need to provide a proof regarding your father.One way is to have the birth certificate corrected - so your father's name would be clearly listed.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 6 months ago.
Another way to have a court ruling that person is your father.You may have documentary evidences, affidavits of witnesses and/or Infidelity DNA testing results.Based on information you provide - the court will issue a ruling about the parent ship and you may provide the court ruling to the SSA when you apply for social security benefits...I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.