LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

Am I eligible eligible security benefits if I have

Customer Question

am I eligible eligible for social security benefits if I have prostate cancer with Gleason 7 score
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
Good afternoon Charles,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. With the exception of "end stage renal failure", qualification for social security disability benefits (SSDI) is not based on a person's diagnosis but on their actual physical abilities based on your physician's diagnosis and prognosis. Let me explain. "Disability" under Social Security is based on your inability to work. They consider you disabled under Social Security rules if: You cannot do work that you did before; Social Security decides that you cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition(s); andYour disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death. Speak with your primary treating physician as regards ***** ***** the qualifications for disability in their opinion. The apply for your benefits. Here is a link where you can apply online for your benefit: http://www.ssa.gov/applyfordisability/ Your benefit will be about the same as your full retirement age retirement benefit. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there any programs out there to help pay for my prostate surgery
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
Hi, Aside from Medicare which you are eligible for after 24 months of qualifying for SSDI, no there are no social security programs that pay for surgeries. If you have the health insurance mandated by the government---remember obamacare----then that will pay for the surgery and if you are poor, you can apply for state Medicaid. Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.You may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further.I wish you well,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.If I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug