dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I am my mothers caretaker. We did not receive a benefit notice

Customer Question

I am my mothers caretaker. We did not receive a benefit notice for the IRS, What do I do to get one?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
Good morning,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Are you referring to the annual benefit notice (also known as a proof of income letter) that tells your mother how much she will be paid in the calendar year 2016, or are you referring to the tax document SSA-1099 that sets out the benefits paid to her in 2015 and which is needed for her tax returns this month? Doug