dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I retired in 2009,up until December 2015 I was receiving $1,478.70

Customer Question

I retired in 2009,up until December 2015 I was receiving $1,478.70 a month. I received a letter from Social Security saying they were taking $155.50 from my benefits because I was making to much money. I sold my home,in Nov 2015 but bought a home in 2015 in Sussex County in Georgetown, Delaware. Now I receive $1323.20 a month. I'm also a Vietnam Veteran. Were is the legality for our Government to do this, obviously my great government doesn't care about seniors or Veterans. I would really appreciate an answer. Thank You. Timothy J. Rineer
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 8 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.
Timothy, just to be clear, are you asking me to provide you the regulation that says that there is an earnings limit that, if breached, will cause a reduction in benefits? (I can not change the law, I can only report it to you, OK? I also can't change how much or little our government cares about our seniors and veterans, unfortunately.) Anyway, let me know, OK?