Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

There is a rumor that somehow I can file extra social

Customer Question

There is a rumor that somehow I can file for 2 extra social security checks a year but I only have until April 18th. True or false. If true what form is used?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. This is false. There are some changes that you need to take action by April 30, 2016 but it has nothing to do with getting 2 extra social security checks per year. The changes made by HR 1314 deal with the spousal benefit only as it relates to the restricted benefit and the file and suspend. There is a lot of misinformation out there regarding this change and I have heard "banned benefits", "extra $60,000" and that there are "7 words needed to be said to get extra benefits". These are all part of the same scam to get Social Security people to subscribe to their service. To answer your question, this is false and there are no 2 extra SS checks that can be filed for. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?