dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

I have had Medicare years, but I find it takes too much

Customer Question

I have had Medicare for 2 years, but I find it takes too much from my monthly income, can I cancel medicare?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 6 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.The part A - hospital stay coverage is free. Part B and D are doctor visits and prescriptions drugs are voluntary. You may cancel those but in order to do so you will have to make an appointment with a Social security administrator who will explain in detail how canceling the coverage will affect your other health insurance you may have, your doctors visits and prescriptions and your taxes. As you may know, you are required to carry adequate health insurance to avoid tax penalty. Here's what you need to do: