Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I will be 60 years old in October 2016. I was -off in

Customer Question

I will be 60 years old in October 2016. I was laid-off in January 2016. If I stop working now, when I become 62 will I receive the amount stated on the statement sent to me annually by Social Security Administration? The last statement I received was issued on 2009. On this statement it reads "at your current earnings rate, If you stop working and start receiving benefits at age 62, your payment will be about $1,765 a month"
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.
That figure is only an estimate. When you actually apply, the figure may be different. It may be higher because you have contributed more to the Social Security system since the last report in 2009. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.