Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I have Medicare Insurance both Part A and Part . That is

Customer Question

I have Medicare Insurance both Part A and Part B. That is also supported by additional Blue Cross suppl-Plan F. My wife has the same. For the most part in the last 15 years we have not had to actually use the insurance because of good health. Recently we both have had to use our programs and I will say that my program has supported what they have said. However my wife recently received a bill from the hospital that she had some out patient surgery at and it was not covered by the Medicare. Is there a reason that the programs fail to cover the same items when necessary? It does not seem to be a fair support for each.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
No. Your wife needs to contact Medicare (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) and find out why the claim was not covered and request that it be covered. Sometimes, it may just be an issue with the billing code that needs to be corrected. By calling Medicare, she would be able to find out exactly what the reason is so that the matter can be resolved. If she gets runaround by Medicare, she needs to request to speak with a supervisor. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.