Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

I lost my SSN I tried calling Social Security but no one is

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm Christopher Ellis I lost my SSN I tried calling Social Security but no one is answering Is there anyway to find it using my personal info?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.

Your social security number would be on documents that you may have somewhere in the house. You would find it on your copies of your old tax returns, for example. It would also be on your pay stubs. You could call them at 1-***-***-****, which you've apparently tried. However, they probably won't give that out over the phone. You'd have to go to a local social security office with photo ID and they will give it to you there.