dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Im 51 and on SSDI, my husband is 65 and on SSD, can he use

Customer Question

Hi, im 51 and on SSDI, my husband is 65 and on SSD, can he use the file and suspend and collect against my social security or do I have to be 62 or older for him to collect against my social security? I'm also on LTD and paying the maximum into Social Security now. Will my Regular SSI payment go up at 65?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No,that's it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Retirement Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. SSDI and SSD are the same thing. Do you mean that you are both collecting SSDI, or are you saying that your husband is receiving an early retirement benefit from social security?

Doug