LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

My husband was just approved security disability - to start

Customer Question

My husband was just approved for social security disability - to start payment by June 2016. He is also eligible for a scheduled award due to an injury that could pay out in September 2016. This would not be earned income. Would the social security be offset by the schedule award?
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
to clarify, he was a federal employee that is now on disability retirement.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

As the scheduled award is not active income from actual employment but a payment related to an injury, it is not counted as income for social security purposes and will not prevent your husband from continuing to receive his monthly SSDI benefit.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug