LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

Do I qualify enrollment?

Customer Question

do I qualify for dual enrollment?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What do you mean by dual enrollment?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry I should have said dual entitlement. I have attempted to understand the language as described in RS 00615.020 Dual Entitlement Overview.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Dual entitlement merely means that you are entitled to more than one benefit at the same time. But you cannot collect both at the same time. You are only given the greater of the two benefits.

You are dual qualified if you are 62 or older and eligible for your own benefit, AND you are married and your spouse is taking their own retirement benefit.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

You could also be dual entitled if you are divorced, but were married for more than 10 years and both you and your ex are eligible for a retirement benefit at this time.

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

You may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further.

I wish you well,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,