LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

I need a relpacement 1099

Customer Question

i need a relpacement 1099
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon Bill,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, Social Security has a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily:

1. Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and get a replacement SSA-1099, see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab.

2. Or, you can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and request a replacement document.

3. Finally, if you prefer face to face transactions, you may contact your local Social Security office and they will process the request for you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,