LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

I was born with scoliosis and have work my whole life in

Customer Question

i was born with scoliosis and have work my whole life in pain.i am now 50 going on 51.what are my chances of getting s s i
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good evening Jack,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Your doctors will determine whether you are eligible for social security disability. Your chances of getting SSDI benefits are only as good as your physicians are willing to write in a medical report to social security for you.

"Disability" under Social Security is based on your inability to work. They consider you disabled under Social Security rules if:

• You cannot do work that you did before;
  • Social Security decides that you cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition(s); and
  • Your disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good evening,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,