How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 36125
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I did not get an income tax form social security this year.

Customer Question

I did not get an income tax form for my social security this year. How do I get it? My social security number is###-##-####
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good evening Evemarie,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I presume that you referring to the Form SSA-1099, which is necessary to do your taxes. If so, and you have not received it yet, it may have been lost in the mail.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement formSSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, Social Security has a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily:
1. Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and get a replacement SSA-1099, see your earnings statement,estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents"tab.

2. Or, you can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****),Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and request a replacement document.

3. Finally, if you prefer face to face transactions, you may contact your local Social Security office and they will process the request for you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good evening Evemarie,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,


Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Doug: you are fine (although you sound somewhat intimidated by your rating process); I hate for all my friends (and including you) who work on phones or computers helping other people to sound so anxious (please, make sure to rate me!) (because Big Brother is watching me!!). I am glad I no longer have to kowtow to a boss; actually, I never did, but I come from a background where people have unlimited sick-leave, at least four weeks of paid vacation, etc.--in other words, somewhere in Europe; I came here because I wanted to get away from my family, so I have never developed any admiration for "this great country" of yours. I feel sorry for you.Anyhow, you are fine with me. Thank you for your answer. In the meantime (while waiting for your answer), I called my bank who gave me the same advice (for free). No, I am not mad at you because it isn't you who is charging me $32.00, but your organization.Have a nice day. Peace. Eve***** *****.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good evening Evemarie,

Perhaps you misunderstand my situation. I am not employed by the site. I am a use of the site just as you are.

The reason I ask for a rating is because that is the only way that I am paid. You see I am working for you, and not for the site. I am not concerned about Big Brother watching me, I assure you, nor am I intimidated in the least by the rating system. I have been helping folks like you for more than 7 years.

Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.

Would you be so kind as to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars?

Thanks in advance.

I wish you the best,