Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.

I am on full SSA disability. My soon to be 18 year old

Customer Question

I am on full SSA disability. My soon to be 18 year old daughter graduates high school in may and is enrolling in college to start in September, 2016. As a high school student she was recieving benefits. Will those continue while she is in college?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 7 months ago.

No, child benefits are only for minor or disabled children unable to support themselves, but not to adults heading to college, unfortunately.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!