How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 18614
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on disability, SSA, and I have the unfortunate status

Customer Question

I am on disability, SSA, and I have the unfortunate status of filing for divorce. Its hostile. I have agreed to aid in one last joint tax file. I provided my SSA statement of monthly income. and a 1095. She now states I need to complete a SSA 1099. I moved out the house Dec. 22nd 2015. She left me one week before Thanksgiving. My son aided my move out. My soon to be gave me a couple grand. Total score for this man who trying to survive syndrome X, and moved out all on my own. Cost $3,500. D0 I have to show this move out and reestablish money. I now live 22 miles away. Which form do I use I have not subcontracted or worked at all. Help, please... Chemo- brain confused.--Othea Byers
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

No, you do not need to show this amount on your tax return. You do not need to account for this "move out" money on your tax return.

Related Social Security Questions