How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3430
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am separated from my spouse. I have the credit card where

Customer Question

I am separated from my spouse. I have the credit card where my monthly benefits are transfered. However, she has the controlling information on her computer. I have no idea of how to access my own benefits, so I am unwillingly dependent on her. May I create a new account with new information where she doesn't have access and I will be in total control of my own funds? If so, HOW?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What controlling information are you referring to?

2. What new account are you referring to? A bank account?

3. What social security benefit are you receiving?