Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I have been drawing social security yrs. I am still working

Customer Question

I have been drawing social security for 8 yrs. I am still working and paying into it. Should I be able to get more since I am still paying into it?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 8 months ago.

That will depend on your overall work history amounts. Our primary insurance amount is based on our top 35 years of work earnings that we paid SS taxes on. If your newer years of work earnings replace any of the prior top 35, causing a lower earning year to scroll off and providing for a higher 35 year income total, (indexed), then yes, your benefit would go up, even if incrementally only. A more notable increase would occur if, say, you had only 10 years prior, such that 25 years of zero years were worked into your average (they take the 35 years and determine your average MONTHLY income, upon which they give you a % as your SS benefit). But working ANY additional years, you'd be replacing one of those zero years, making a more obvious mathematical difference.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Urgent! There is just one more step needed, so thank you for finishing up!

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional