LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

DOES MY WIFE QUALIFIES FROM HER FIRST HUSBAND WHO DIED ON A

Customer Question

DOES MY WIFE QUALIFIES FOR BENEFITS FROM HER FIRST HUSBAND WHO DIED ON A WORK ACCIDENT?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon Arturo,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You wife is not entitled to a survivor benefit based on the death of your former husband because she is presently married. Only if the two of you divorce or you die would she become eligible for a social security survivor benefit.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug