Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney

I have been told we'll lose 2 payments of SS checks if we 't

Customer Question

Hi, I have been told we'll lose 2 payments of SS checks if we don't do anything. We're in our mid 70's+ and have received monthly checks after we reached 63. We are wondering just how this will affect the amount of payments.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Like what?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Retirement Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.You are speaking about the changes made in HR 1314 that goes into effect on May 1, 2016. At your age this does not affect you at all. You have nothing to do or worry about. There is a lot of misinformation out there regarding this change. It only closes two loopholes relating to the spousal benefit. The file and suspend and restricted benefit and at your age these do not related to you. These are narrow loopholes anyway. So to answer your question, you have nothing to do or worry about.Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.