Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

My mother passed away early part of December, we did not

Customer Question

my mother passed away early part of December, we did not receive her 1099r form so that we can file her final taxrs, she did not appoint an executor not did she have a will, not expecting to have a return as she did not have taxes pull out of her gambling winnings, how do we gat the 1099r forms
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: she was receiving Ss and pension from my dad's employer
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Retirement Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 8 months ago.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Typically, the SSA will not send correspondence and records to a beneficiary once it knows that the beneficiary is no longer with us. Rather, if an executor OR a personal representative requests, they can have a copy. That is necessary in any event, for a tax return to be filed from her estate - it generally can't be done by just anyone. You can actually apply to be the personal rep of the estate since there is no one picked by will, and then you can order the records and file the return.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gottenanything less, please reply back, I amhappy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!