LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I am currently 62 and 5 months, how much would my benefit be

Customer Question

I am currently 62 and 5 months, how much would my benefit be today if I retired?.My income has been 70,000 + for greater than the last ,5 years
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good evening Debbie,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. Keep in mind that I do not have access to your social security records. They are privileged and only available to you. I can answer your question but you have to help in providing information.

1. What does social security say your benefit will be at age 66?

2. Do you plan to continue working to full retirement age, or quit work now and take your benefit?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

If you don't know your estimated age 66 benefit number you can look it up online in about 15 minutes. Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab.

Once you tell me your age 66 benefit estimate, I can provide you the estimate benefit level for 62 and 5 months.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Hi Debbie,

Do you still need assistance. If I am to help you I need for you to provide the information I requested.

Doug