LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

Does capital gain income decrease your soc sec income post

Customer Question

does capital gain income decrease your soc sec income post retirement
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I wanted to let you know that I am working on an answer for you right now. Please give me a few minutes to complete my answer and get it posted to you. Thanks in advance,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good evening again,

You asked: does capital gain income decrease your soc sec income post retirement

No, capital gain income is deemed passive income and does not effect the amount of money you may earn without penalty, when you are receiving an early social security retirement benefit.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,