LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

WHERE DO i FIND THE FORMS .r.1314?

Customer Question

WHERE DO i FIND THE FORMS FOR h.r.1314?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon Carole,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

There are no forms for HR 1314. HR 1314 is just a change in social security laws and the changes only effect a very, very small segment of the US population. Let me explain.

There is a tremendous amount of misleading information as well as outright misinformation floating around the internet and on radio and TV about the recent changes in the law. In reality the changes effect only a very small percentage of Americans and they relate to a spouse benefit.

The reality is that there is not really unclaimed benefits(and this is where the big lie really is), but there are 2 loopholes being closed that would allow a very select few people to get more benefits over the remainder of their lives.

Unless you are presently married, at least 62 years old and not receiving a social security benefit yet, then the changes will not effect you and will not allow you to get any extra money from social security when you retire. Neither will the changes mean that you will get less of a retirement benefit when you do retire. The monthly benefit amounts have not changed.

The loopholes being closed---there are 2 of them--- allow the following:

1. A person over 66 who is not taking their own benefit yet to File and Suspend a retirement claim, and allow their spouse to take an immediate spouse benefit.This loophole ends on May 1, 2016 for everyone, regardless of age.

2. Allow you to take a Restricted Spouse Benefit after age 66 and still allow your own retirement benefit to grow to age 70 by 8% per year----but in order to qualify for this loophole, you MUST be born before February 2, 1954 and not yet be receiving any kind of a social security benefit when you first apply for the spouse benefit.

So unless you fall into one of the 2 categories above, then the change in the laws have no direct impact on you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am very unhappy with the help I have gotten and the $ that I have payed you.!
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

I strive to provide every customer with excellent service. How may I better answer your question for you? I invite you to ask any additional question that you may need to, for clarification of your issue.

If your dissatisfaction is because the law doesn't provide the result that you want or expect, please understand all I have done was answer the question which you asked, and I did not make the law---but just report it to you as you requested.

I invite you to explain why it is that you feel my service to you was poor, please. And in return I will do what I can to improve your perception of my service to you.

Doug