dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

There has been a lot of press on the internet about a 5/1/16

Customer Question

There has been a lot of press on the internet about a 5/1/16 deadline to apply for additional benefits - in particular additional funds of 4,098. if you were born before 1969. Is this a scam or are additional benefits available
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Joanne,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you married?

2. If married, have either you or your husband begun taking your social security benefits yet?

3. What is your age and that of your spouse if you are married?

Thanks in advance,

Doug