Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I've recently applied Security and received a letter stating

Customer Question

I've recently applied for Social Security and received a letter stating that I need to check
my claim status. I was given a confirmation number, but I am not trying to apply for
disability. I am trying to apply for social security and Medicare. I currently have 38 quarters and after meeting with a SS agent I was informed that I could buy my remaining 2 quarters to be eligible. At this point I'm retired with a Pension from the City of Chicago and am 70 years old and covered under their BlueCross/BlueShield program. However, I would like to transfer that to Medicare as my primary coverage. Finally, they have sent me a Medicare Card for Part A and Part B, but I don't know who to contact next or what to do at this point since my Medicare for A & B is supposed to start July 1st, 2016.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

You need to contact the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. This agency would further assist you with your application. Click on the link below for contact information:

https://questions.cms.gov/newrequest.php?id=5005&subtopicID=8296#2