dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

Sorry I had to leave before my question was answered. I am

Customer Question

Sorry I had to leave before my question was answered. I am 65 and will be 66 in May. My wife is 61 and will be 62 in 4.5 months. I am currently not drawing s.s. yet but had planned on drawing june 1, my wife's s.s. is much higher than mine and had heard from a friend that I can suspend mine until later and draw from her s.s.. I have talked with local s.s. office and they did not think I can draw on her's what are my options?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. When does your wife plan to begin to take her benefit?

2. When you say her benefit is $750 a month more than yours---at what age are you referring to for your wife?

Thanks in advance,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Answer 1 We are flexible on her drawing but would prefer to draw after she turns 62 but not locked in which ever would be best.
Answer 2 Her increased amount was at 66, at 62 $1766 or $630 a month less
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am self employed and will continue to draw a salary
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Would you like me to call you to go over all of these issues?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no, unless too complicated
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

It is complex, and some of the things that you are want to do are entirely inconsistent with one another, and not possible.

I can;t offer any cheaper call to you and made the offer because I know that this is very important to you.

It is your choice.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can't call until tomorrow how can I contact you in morning?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Just come back to this thread and I will be here to assist you. I can call you pretty much any time during the work day.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good morning,

If you are ready for me to call you, then just accept the call offer and provide me with your phone number.