dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Can a criminal conviction take away your social security to

Customer Question

can a criminal conviction take away your social security to the plaintiff?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal additional charge of $5 I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Please explain what you mean. A criminal case does not have a plaintiff. A plaintiff is in a civil case. Were you in a criminal action or a civil action where someone sued you for money?

2. What sort of social security benefit are you getting, or referring to?

Doug

Thanks in advance,

Doug