dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

What 6 words do you ask/tell a Social Security clerk that

Customer Question

What 6 words do you ask/tell a Social Security clerk that will increase my monthly payment?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 8 months ago.

Do you want the truth about that scam you are reading of? I ask because I don't want to waste my time or yours if you will only want an answer that says you can increase you rmonthly benefit. The truth of the matter is that benefits have been removed for some, and for a certain group of people, if they take action in a short amount of time, a benefit they may have been (or should have been) considering strategizing for will be lost forever - NOT that there is any new benefit anyone can apply for. So let me know if you want it explained, the bad and the ugly.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
you are saying there is no way I can increase my benefit before the new SS laws take effect on May 1,2016 and that it is just a scam?

I am saying that there is no new benefit that is offered. There has been scam hype by unsavories to get people to buy books etc. If you would like, I can review your situation with you with a few questions, and determine if this law hurts you (it does hurt many of us under 62), some of us over 62, but not everyone. We can also see if there is a reason for you (and ability) to file and suspend now, before 5/1. Let me know, I am happy to do this for you.