Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

How do I go about inquiring on the of Soc. Security I will

Customer Question

How do I go about inquiring on the amt of Soc. Security I will get ....and if I want to start drawing SS in August of 2016, do I need to go to nearest office and meet with someone in person ??? I am a retired teacher from the public school system, but have been teaching in a parochial school for the past 15 years.... Thanks for your response.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

It is preferable to go to the local office of Social Security Administration to get this information. Calling on the phone is not recommended. You need to go in person and speak with one of the representatives. While you are there, the representative would review your record and tell you the amount that you would receive.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do I need to set up appointment?...Could you give me phone # & addresses of the Sedalia, MO. and/or the Independence, MO SS offices...I would use the phone # ***** to set up an appointment. Thx.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do I need to set up appointment or just go into an office. Could you please send me phone #& address of the Sedalia, Mo and the Independence, MO office...I would use phone # ***** to set up appointment if need to . Thx.

No, you do not need to set up appointment to go in. Click on the link below to locate your office:

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** thanks...not for additional $52 when I've already charged $ to my CC to get this bit of info. Thanks anyway...I'm a teacher.

I am sorry, but I did not make any offer for additional fee to you. The site must have generated that notice to you. So, I apologize for any confusion. In any event, I have not been paid for answering your question. I only get paid when you give a positive rating to my post. Your positive rating results in transfer of the part of the deposit that you already paid to the site to me. You are not charged extra for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.