Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Can some one get unemployment or short term disability

Customer Question

can some one get unemployment or short term disability insurance not from social security and still get Ss retirment Thank you
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what's the difference between public short term disability and short from the state due to short term surgery out of work just six weeks that is it this is state of nj

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

There is no difference. A state short-term disability benefit is a public disability benefit because a state is a public entity. This would be different from disability from a private sector employer. Private disability benefit as opposed to public disability benefit would be benefit from private sector employers, that are not part of the government, whether federal, state, city, or town.

Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I still do not understand any thing you said If I get Ss retirement and went to get surgery and my company which i work part time gave me disability for six week until I go back to work I am in state of nj how does that effect my retierment with Ss . I know you can collect unemployment and ss the same time I am talking about the same thing like unemployment short term from the state