Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in tax preparation, including some multi-national Social Security applications.
13714381

I need a duplicate 1099. I need to file my income tax. I

Customer Question

I need a duplicate 1099. I need to file my income tax for 2015. I have misplaced my original one. Thank You for your help. I am *****************. My ss #is ***-**-****.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

If you live within the US and are a US citizen, there are relatively simple procedures for getting a 1099-SSA.

If you have a "MySocialSecurity" account, you can request the form on the Replacement Documents tab. I've been told that identity theft problems have blocked some of the easier procedures for getting a "MySocialSecurity" account, but, if you haven't moved in the past year, it might still work.

Otherwise, you can call Social Security at(###) ###-####from 7am to 7pm local time Monday through Friday (except Federal holidays), or contact your local Social Security office.

Even if we at Just Answer were allowed (by our regulations) to create a mySocialSecurity account for you, it would be forbidden by law, but I could try to walk you through the process.