dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I am trying to re-new my SS card. I am 74 years old and have

Customer Question

I am trying to re-new my SS card . I am 74 years old and have served 11 years in the military. Have not had to use my SS card since I was issued it when I was 16 years old. I lost my card when I was in Viet Nam, and never had call to use it . Just giving my SS number was all that was required. I recently have had to seek assistance and one of the requirements was to show my SS card. So I went to the SS office here in West Branch Mi. and they say I need to show my naturalization papers before I can receive my new card. I have my naturalization papers ( Canada) but cannot put my hands on them . I am receiving pressure from the facility that is rendering assistance but are demanding I have a SS card. So my question is is there another avenue that I can seek for the local SS office to accept my already issued SS number ,. Please advise.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Do you have a state issued driver's license or state issued ID card or a US Passport?

Doug