dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I am trying to re-new my SS card. I am 74 years old and have

Customer Question

I am trying to re-new my SS card . I am 74 years old and have served 11 years in the military. Have not had to use my SS card since I was issued it when I was 16 years old. I lost my card when I was in Viet Nam, and never had call to use it . Just giving my SS number was all that was required. I recently have had to seek assistance and one of the requirements was to show my SS card. So I went to the SS office here in West Branch Mi. and they say I need to show my naturalization papers before I can receive my new card. I have my naturalization papers ( Canada) but cannot put my hands on them . I am receiving pressure from the facility that is rendering assistance but are demanding I have a SS card. So my question is is there another avenue that I can seek for the local SS office to accept my already issued SS number ,. Please advise.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Do you have a state issued driver's license or state issued ID card or a US Passport?

Doug