Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

Can I file and suspend Security benefits online

Customer Question

Can I file and suspend for Social Security benefits online
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

There is no indication on the online application that suspension is an option. Here's what you do: Request your benefits to begin when you turn 66. Later, in the remarks section near the end of the online application, write: “I want to suspend my benefits.” SSA will review the application once it is submitted and then contact you by phone, usually within a few days, to verify your intentions.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?