Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

Trying to find out if I qualify -husbands SSincome

Customer Question

trying to find out if I qualify for ex-husbands SSincome
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

If you remain unmarried (or at least not remarried before age 60) and were married for more than 10 years, you would be eligible for the spousal benefit. You would also have to be at least age 62 and when you elect to take your benefit it would be the higher of your normal retirement benefit and the 50% (at full retirement age) spousal benefit. These benefits do not stack.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?