LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I get ss benefits, but also I am in a wheelchair, is there

Customer Question

I get ss benefits, but also I am in a wheelchair, is there any other benefits I can receive
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am 79, I fell in 2010, and have been in a wheelchair since 2011, I cant work, cant drive by myself, I do alot of things for myself, by am dependent upon my family alot
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: like what
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Retirement Accountant responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Retirement Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I'm afraid that social security has no programs that provide extra money or benefits based on you having suffered an injury that requires you to now use a wheelchair.

If your disability is such that you require assistance to allow you to get through your everyday life at home, and you are a US military veteran, there may be a program that would pay you money each month to help pay for the assistance you need at home.

Any War-Time Veteran with 90 days of active duty, and at least 1 day beginning or ending during a period of War, is eligible to apply for the Aid & Attendance Improved Pension.

Under this program, the VA will pay the benefit for any Vet if they otherwise qualify. To qualify medically, a War-Time Veteran or surviving spouse must need the assistance of another person to perform daily tasks, such as eating, dressing, undressing, taking care of the needs of nature, and they may not have assets exceeding $80,000 not including their home and an automobile.

Here is a link which explains how to apply:

http://www.veteranaid.org/apply.php

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug