Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I have been on SSDI past 5 years .....I lived in Ny when i

Customer Question

Hi....i have been on SSDI for the past 5 years .....I lived in Ny when i was approved....Last year i moved to Florida for economic reasons....I have been seeing my doctors on a regular basis...Now im in the middle of a review and because my financial situation has taken a turn for the worse im forced to move back to Ny with a relative because i can no longer afford to maintain my own due to beautiful Obamas cost of living for my medications......They are sending me to mental health doc but i was approved because of complicated back and nerve problems.....Can i leave the state before i see their doc? Can they stop my payments? Or will i get sufficient time to reconnect with doctors back in ny?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 9 months ago.

..

I hold a JD (Juris Doctorate, a doctoral degree in the law), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security & Medicare, estate, corporate & tax advice since 1986.

...

Moving Won't Affect Your SSDI Payments...For disability recipients who receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) payments, moving to a new state won't affect your benefits at all. Just be sure to call your local Security office to give them your new address, so that you keep receiving important correspondence from Social Security and your disability checks (if you don't have direct deposit). Or, you can change your address online at www.socialsecurity.gov/changeofaddress.

...

Now, for SSI (Supplemental Security Insurance) the story is different. If you receive Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI), moving to a new state can change the amount of your monthly benefit check and could possibly even affect your financial eligibility for SSI benefits.

...

(I only offer this because some here have confused the two (SSI and SSDI)

...

Let me know if you have questions

...

Lane

...

...

Expert:  Lane replied 9 months ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

...

Let me know…

...

Thanks

Lane