LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

OK, great, thanks response. Just to clarify, I file and

Customer Question

OK, great, thanks for your response. Just to clarify, I file and suspend before May 1st but after my birthday (March 23), but my wife doesn't file for spousal benefits until after she turns 66 on October 10th - at that time, but not until that time, she will begin receiving 50% of my full benefit at 66 as a spousal benefit. Correct?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon Craig,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

So long as you are at least 66 now, you may file and suspend your benefits now and allow your own retirement benefit to continue to grow to age 70.

Because you have filed and suspended, when your wife reaches age 66 she will be allowed to file a Restricted Spouse benefit application and she will be eligible to receive 50% of the benefit that you were eligible to receive at age 66.

You MUST file and suspend no later than April 30, 2016 though because after this date you will be prohibited from filing and suspending.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good evening,

Do you still need help? I haven't hear back from you?

Doug