ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

SS claims I owe them money over payments. However, despite

Customer Question

SS claims I owe them money for alleged over payments. However, despite my continued requests they refuse to send me an itemization of the date and amount of each over payment and the date and amount of each payment to SS toward this over payment.
They also have refused to send corrected SSR-1099's. They are taking $69.00 out of my SS but refuse to show that on my regular statements.
Colette Anderson
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I have carefully refused your post. However, I did not see a specific question.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need Social Security to give me an itemized list of every alleged over payment showing the date and amount and an itemized list of each payment made toward this alleged over payment, showing the date and amount of each amount repaid to Social Security. They refuse to do so. All they sent me was (after my numerous requests) a letter simply showing the balance that they say I owe them. I have no way of know the accuracy of this amount without an itemization. There are some other issues but this is the primary one for now. Colette

Thank you Colette for the information.

Have you actually gone to your local office to make this request?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just written numerous letters to the offices that always contact me. I'm sorry I just don't understand why I should have to do this.

Thank you for the information.

You really need to physically go to your local office and sit down with a representative to make this request.

When dealing with Social Security Administration, I have learned through experience that it is always better to go in person. When you are there, the representative is forced to take a hard look at your case and even contact the Supervisor if he or she does not understand your request. You do not get that kind of fair treatment when you are just mailing in your request. So, it would be prudent to now go to your local office to make this request in person.

Best wishes,

Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.

You can also get this information online (secure connection) via the SS website: https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do

Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.

Once you get that if you still have any questions or issues (which I doubt) you can take it ton the local SS office. Don't make an appointment, just show up. If you tell me the city and state you live in I'll get you their address. Don't ever call SS because they seem to never answer the phone .