Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I currently recieve Ssi benefits I was wondering what

Customer Question

Hi I currently recieve Ssi benefits for disability I was wondering what information I might need in order to change my bank info to get my funds deposited into a different bank account? Also I have an Ssi login but when I log in it won't show my current account bank info including my current bank account number and I can't change it online I have a payee who has been misusing my funds I contacted Ssi they wouldn't do anything they told me I need the current account number is ***** a possible way to recieve this information before tomorrow?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question - unfortunately, they cannot give you the bank account number and if you have a payee, they will need to be the one to change the bank account. There is an online fraud form you can file - the agents on the phone at social security really can't do much. However, if your funds are being misused and you have proof, fill out this form -- the inspector general will look into it. It won't be immediate -- they government does work slow. Just stay tenacious and they will make sure everything is taken care of for you.

http://oig.ssa.gov/what-abuse-fraud-and-waste/misuse-benefits-representative-payee

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.