Good afternoon Steven,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
First of all, from one veteran to another, thank you for your service to our country.
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your multiple questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.
Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. What does September have to do with anything?
2. What do you men about earnings causing problems?
3. What years did you serve in the military?
4. You wrote: c) my spouse is much younger and stays home caring for our school age daughter and in 2 more years our son will begin 1st grade. How should I get this filed for? What are you asking?
5. Are the children your biological children?
Thanks in advance,