How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 18122
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a widow. At age 66 can I file ss on my husbands work

Customer Question

I'm a widow. At age 66 can I file ss on my husbands work record and then file on my own work record when I'm 70. I'm currently age 64
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Yes, you can. You can file restricted spousal application now and then later file for benefits under your own earnings. For more information, click on the link below: