How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 17434
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 67 year old on Social Security full retirement in

Customer Question

I am a 67 year old on Social Security full retirement in 2015 I earned 67500 for a consulting job. Do I have to file taxes on this money.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Yes, you do have to file taxes on the amount. However, whether you would pay taxes on the amount would depend on your deductions.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK let's start from the beginning, I am disable but when I turned 66 years of age Social Security granted me full retirement. It was my understanding I could work and make as much as 41K without having to file I am trying to find out will I or can I deduct that amount from the 67500K and file taxes on the remaining balances.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

No. You must file taxes on ALL your income and then take the proper deductions that you are entitled.

Related Social Security Questions