dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I would like to know if I need to get an appointment to talk

Customer Question

Hi I would like to know if I need to get an appointment to talk to a customer service Rep regarding my Section A, and if yes what is the time frame to fill this section out. I am 65 as of Nov. 2015 and I do not want to pay any penalties. Please send to my e-mail***@******.***.
Thank you,
Norma
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon Norma,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Medicare part A is free once you reach age 65 and there is no penalty associated with Part A. There is a Part B penalty possible if you do not apply for it in a timely manner though. Is that what you are referring to?

2. Have you applied for Part A Medicare yet?

Thanks in advance,

Doug