dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I retired at 65, and will have my 80th birthday this month

Customer Question

I retired at 65, and will have my 80th birthday this month (12th)
Due to costs for upkeep of my 116 year old house, high Rxs, and medical not covered by
insurance, my net income has been ($9,000. one year, for instance) low enough that I never owe income taxes. I have my soc. sec, a small pension, and $480. a month rental income.
Have spent thousands of dollars on upkeep of home in a year ($10,000-) on windows,
new roof on much of house, need to do the rest now. Was unable to keep up with maintenance for many years while my husband was ill, and hospitalized months of each year.
My son was advised by a friend that there is an age limit for filing. Yes? Thank you.
****
Is there an age at which I will no longer need to file?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.

Also, can you clarify what it is you are interested in filing for? I understand that you are receiving a type of social security.