dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I have been receiving SS benefits 20 years based on my own

Customer Question

I have been receiving SS benefits for over 20 years based on my own earnings..My husband just passed away.A much lesser sum seems to have been deposited.Why?
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have never used your service,there seems to be someone using my e-mail address. Please clarifiy.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry for your loss. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What do you mean a much lesser sum is being deposited? Are you saying that your own benefit has been lowered---or just that the benefit that used to be paid o your husband has stopped?

2. Between you and your husband, which of you received the greater monthly benefit?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Do you still need help?

In order for me to assist you I need to to your respond to my earlier request for additional information.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Doug